What is an Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon?
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (OMS) are specialists who can treat and repair any injuries and defects that affect the mouth, teeth, jaws, cheekbones, forehead, and soft tissues in the face.
Due to the nature of the injuries, this specialty requires both dental and medical training. In fact, Dr. Firas Osman completed both doctorates from leading universities in Syria and Russia.
What conditions can an oral and maxillofacial surgeon treat?
- Congenital defects like cleft palate
- Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
- Oral cancer and other tumors
- Injury or trauma to the face
- Tooth or bone loss from periodontal or gum disease
- Sleep Apnea caused by jaw position
- Impacted wisdom teeth
Do I need to see an oral and maxillofacial surgeon?
Dr. Firas can give you a personal consultation to evaluate your condition and recommend treatment. It is part of his mission to make sure the doctor-patient interaction is full of communication, compassion, and confidence.